There are no pre-requisites for the Diploma in Beauty Therapy course.
There are NO Licensing Requirements in Australia or many other part of the world to practice as a “beauty therapist”.
You can open up your own salon, provided you have successfully passed and obtained an appropriate Diploma / Certification covering public safety, as issued by the Health Department and for Insurance purposes.
Our Beauty Therapy course is designed around written government guidelines and specifications
Our course involves both theory and practical study totalling 1,422 hours.
All subjects for the diploma of Beauty Therapy are listed below so you will know what you are learning and what you will achieve.
The course comprises a total of 33 units
22 core units
The Core Units are:
- body massage
- body treatments
- skin biology of beauty treatment
- beauty services advice
- recognise body structures and systems in beauty therapy context
- work in a skin therapies framework
- develop treatment plans
- use electricity in beauty therapy treatments
- interpret the chemical composition and physical actions of cosmetic products
- promote healthy nutritional options in a beauty therapy context
- provide lash and brow treatments
- provide facial treatments
- provide advanced facial treatments
- perform waxing treatments
- work in a nail services framework
- provide manicure and pedicure services
- conduct financial transactions
- provide services to clients
- communicate in the workplace
- design and apply make-up
- work effectively in a retail environment
- apply safe working practices
Elective Units are:
- cosmetic tattooing - 5 units
- electrolysis – 5 units with
- 1 unit in maintaining health infection control standards.
We specifically offer the two electives, above, because of their client demand and enhanced earning potential
We provide you with the necessary books, manuals for your to read and also we produce our own DVD’s (we have invested in “HD” - High Definition - Cameras, to capture close images of demonstrations and practical examples) so you can watch and understand the procedures (over and over again), until you can follow them, practice them and are confident and ready for your final, practical examinations.
We further offer “skype”, email and the telephone for your convenience of communication during your study period to explain anything which may be causing you difficulties in your study.
The final examinations either, arranged at a distance or for near-distance and face to face students, can be conducted at our premises or remotely.
If you would like to know more, feel free to call me, Anecita,
on 03 9306 9993
So What credentials do I have to advise beauty therapists?
I have been a beauty therapist for 30 years and a specialist beauty therapy trainier for 20 years, operating a chain of 4 schools in Melbourne and Sydney.
I am now, in my 60’s (62 in the picture) yet, I am told I look 20 years younger than my real age.
I trained in the medical field originally and understand the “biology” and chemistry of the human body, as well as the technology of what beauty therapists do for their clients.
So you are going to be trained by (I say modestly) an “expert” in this field and from my picture you can see how my face and complexion are the best advertisements of my success in this field of endeavour.